Berries are a fun addition to savory dishes, the kitchens at Driscoll’s berries are always creating interesting new recipes to photograph and try!
SPICY SHRIMP TACOS WITH BLUEBERRY CORN CILANTRO SALSA
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cups corn kernals
- 1 cup Driscoll’s blueberries
- 1/4 cups chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook about 2 minutes or until corn starts to brown. Stir in blueberries and cook 30 seconds. Transfer blueberry corn mixture to a large bowl and stir in onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; reserve.
- Combine shrimp, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Wipe out the skillet and heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half the shrimp and cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side or until opaque and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 2 on each serving plate and top with shrimp and blueberry salsa. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Driscoll’s