These delicious biscuits can also be served with a blue cheese butter and a raspberry rhubarb jam! Check out the link below for the additional recipes!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add butter and shortening. Use a pastry blender or two knives to incorporate butter and shortening until mixture resembles course breadcrumbs. In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk and crème fraiche and add to flour mixture.
- Turn mixture out onto floured surface. Gather and knead 2 or 3 times. Sprinkle dough with raspberries and walnuts and knead gently 1 to 2 more times. Shape into a disk.
- Cut into biscuit rounds and transfer to a parchment lined sheet tray. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes rotating halfway through.
Recipe courtesy of Driscoll’s